Tuesday 17 September 2013

First lesson with Tony - week 1

In Tony's first lesson, we were given the task of drawing the room with stacked boxes. The aim of the lesson was to draw the room by using spanning, proportions and negative forms. We also learnt about vanishing points; 1,2,3 point perspectives and angles. 



The drawing method and technique I used today worked okay, the trouble I had with it was if I made a mistake on part of the drawing then it meant the things I measured on the paper next to it could end up in the wrong place. The drawing would only be accurate if I measured everything correctly and if I started drawing how I think it should look it started to go wrong. 

The use of vanishing points can be seen in Leonardo Da Vinci's Last Supper painting; the ceiling, floor, and horizon line all points at where Jesus' sits, specifically towards his face. The last supper uses a 1 point perspective.

Examples of 2 point perspective:
In 2 point perspective, there are two points where these square objects line up to. 3 point perspective adds another point in where straight edges are drawn towards.

No comments:

Post a Comment