Thursday 17 October 2013

Delorean Task

I was given the task of texturing this DeLorean model. 

I used the unwrap UVW modifier to begin texturing, it was a very long process. Here is the final texture map: 

Textured DeLorean

I decided to create a specular map for the model so that different parts of the model would appear more metallic. I achieved this by copying the texture into Photoshop, desaturating it and then by changing the brightness to however specular it needed to be (the white areas are most reflective).

Whilst looking at photograph references, I added some extra parts to the vehicle (whilst keeping it to less than 1500 triangles). 

Some of the things I used and learned whilst working on this project were: 
Extrude, Bevel, Bridge, Boolean Compound Objects, The Reset XForm utility, Flipping Faces, Collapse All Modifier, Quick Planar Map and Quick Peel. 


DeLorean DMC-12 Time Machine (click to view in 3D)

;
DeLorean DMC-12 Time Machine

No comments:

Post a Comment